Sunday, April 27, 2008

A Sunny Day



A sunny day! In Seattle! I'm not kidding!

If you were out of town, just returning today, you probably won't believe me. Because today it's totally cloudy again...blaaah.

But back to yesterday's sunniness! It was lovely. Jamie and I went to Gasworks park--sadly neither of us had ever been there before. How can we call ourselves Seattlites? Well we went, so we can cross it off the list, but I'm sure we'll be back soon, because we saw a variety of interesting things, including:

1. Kids rolling down hills


2. A "freestyle walking" class going on (if you have never heard of freestyle walking, check this out). It must have been their first day off class though because we didn't see anything as "extreme" as that in the video.

3. A sweet juggler
4. Dog playing with Revolutionary Floppy Frisbee
5. Many amateur and professional photographers taking advantage of the awesome view.

We asked one such photog to take one of us...and sure enough we got some great work (Space Needle + Coffee + Lake Union=Classic Seattle Photo).

Sun! If you can hear me...come back soon!

(off to wallow in gray misery)


3 comments:

Hannah said...

Aww I miss Seattle! We leave in two weeks to come visit my family there and I can't wait! Sunshine would be nice but I will take gloomy too. I never thought I would miss those gray days, but whaddya know I do :) Cute picture!

' said...

My son was in a commercial with a guy that "walked on walls". It was fun to watch and my son was in awe.

I'm anxious for a few more of those sunny days as well. We even had a decent day at the beach!

Martha Hughes said...

I live in Tacoma and I'm sitting here on my couch looking at the gloom outside my windows. At least it's not raining, well at this moment at least. I hope this isn't a clue as to what kind of summer we'll be having.