Friday, January 9, 2009

What I Got For Christmas

Ta Da!
I was super excited about this book. Excited as in, I thought I would probably get it, because it was one of the few things on my wish list, but I still almost couldn't resist buying it before Christmas anyway. But my patience prevailed.

I have only recently fallen in love with Alicia Paulson, author of Posy Gets Cosy. This book has so many great ideas... love it! Naturally, I had to make the Nutcracker Doll, as seen on the cover, first.
This doll reminds me so much of my crafty grandma, who used to make doll after doll with looooooong skinny legs. Go, right now! Go see Alicia's dolls here.... they are just so stinkin' cute!

The book is full of great sewing ideas for making unique and personalized keepsakes that are great for gifts. As usual, I marked the pages of the projects I simply must make. I should be busy for a while!

1 comment:

Alicia P. said...

She is darling! And thank you so much for all those sticky notes -- totally made my day. Thank you :-)