Friday, January 23, 2009

Softies!

My sister Emily got this book a few weeks before Christmas.
"Softies" by Therese Laskey... genius.

I can be a little bit obsessive when it comes to new crafting books. I simply could not get it off my mind. I was thinking about going out and getting it, plus felt and supplies to make some little softies, and then we had that huge snowstorm. I seriously had to give myself a little talking to, and it went something like this: “Self, you do not need to go out in the raging snowstorm to get this new book and more supplies. No really, self, you have a million yards of fabrics and project after project waiting for you already. Now come off the ledge."

So then I finally got the book when the weather turned decent. Whew! So. cute.
I’ve cut out the pieces for the little dog project…but after all that buildup, it has half a seam finished and has been sitting in my apartment as I indulge in my latest obsession: The New Fabric Avalanche. Well – it will get done someday!

No comments: