Thursday, January 22, 2009

Splurge

So about my fabric splurge. My second graders have given me TWO gift certificates* to this fabulous fabric shop in Seattle – The Quilting Loft. Mmm, its heavenly with so many lovely fabrics to choose from, a very friendly staff, and quilts and other inspiring projects everywhere you look. In fact, I got the two fabrics from my last post from The Quilting Loft. After some online shopping and an unexpectedly fruitful trip to Joann’s (I’m sorry, not all Joann’s are created equally – this one actually had a ton of cute fabric!), I now have all this to fit on my shelves…
I spent the entire weekend sending all this awesomeness through the washing machine & dryer. Yikes. I will be ironing for the next two weeks.

*One said gift certificate was for my birthday in November. Upon opening the second GC – my Christmas present – I exclaimed, “Guys, did you know what your parents gave me for Christmas? Another gift certificate to my favorite fabric store!” To which one youngster replied, “Aren’t you tired of getting the same thing?” I shot him a horrified look. “NO!”

No comments: