Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Henry's Big Boy Quilt : Deer & Geometric Twin Quilt

Follow">http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/14767777/?claim=evgpzs2cbpu">Follow my blog with Bloglovin

As weird as it was to face facts that Henry was going to be in a big-boy bed, I knew this was a perfect opportunity to add a crafty touch to his new room.  I fell in love with the deer, the triangles, just the colors in these two fabrics!  I used the deer and triangles to find matching solids, and used coordinating dots as well. 

"Elk Family Multi" by Jay-Cyn Designs
 
"Serengeti Right Angle" by Jay-Cyn Designs
 
I used a simple, straight-up square pattern.  Each square measures 5". The final dimensions of the quilt are 62 x 80 (approx. twin size).









Now the catch: the child refuses to sleep with a blanket on his bed!!  (Photo above is 100% staged.) I mean, not even folded up at the end, or tossed over the footboard!  So guess who uses this now? Me! I used a high-loft batting, which made it a little trickier for machine quilting (oops, tucks and gathers here and there)...but oh-so warm and cozy.  If he wants it back, he's going to have to fight me for it.

No comments: