Thursday, March 10, 2016

Baby Jumper : Handknit Baby Pajamas


What is less practical than handknit baby pajamas?  Well, I can probably name a few more things, but this is pretty impractical.  But it was just one of those things that I wanted to knit for my sweet baby boy.  When you knit something for someone, it's like tangible evidence of thinking of that person.  With every stitch (well almost every stitch....I do watch football while I knit....) you are thinking about that person, remembering them or just dreaming about them, if they're not "here" yet!

So there I sat, in my orange chair with my feet up, usually before Henry's 6am wake-up, busting this thing out even though my hands were going numb (ugh, pregnancy) for my baby GusGus.
 Front
 
 
 Back

So sweet! 

And what did GusGus do every time I put him in this outfit?  Pooped on it of course, just like I thought he would!

Oh well. :)

Notes:  This pattern was "Baby Jumper" by Pinar Ürün Sizun, found on Ravelry.
Knit with Cascade 220 Superwash Sport in "Blue-Green" (1910)  <--machine p="" washable="">
If I were to knit it again (and I might!), I would make it more long and skinny, in the body, arms, and legs.  But I loved this pattern and it was quite easy!

The link to this project on my Ravelry page is here!

No comments: