Friday, March 11, 2016

Gus's Baby Quilt : Crib Size Deer and Geometric Quilt

I made Gus a quilt that matches his big brother's!  Here's a pic from when I first finished it, back in August.

Soooo....I know, I should have planned the baby's quilt before making yet another item for the big boy.  Well, that's life for the second-born, right?   I had ample fabric left over from Henry's big boy quilt.  Fabric that could not be used for just ANYthing...so I created a crib-sized quilt for Gus.  This time instead of straight-up 4" squares, I alternated skinnier rows, because some of my scraps weren't quite wide enough.  


Details:
Finished Size - 42" x 56"
Wide Rows: 5" squares
Skinny Rows: 3.5" wide scraps (varying lengths)
"Warm & Natural" Cotton Batting



 
 For the back and binding, I used "Vanes in Charcoal" by Hawthorne Threads:


The "now" picture, of my big boys:


But this baby face!!  Mmmmwah! 

No comments: