Monday, February 15, 2010

Showered by Flowers!

ah, Valentine's Day. I've had my ups and downs with this holiday, and this year was no exception. This year it was pretty awesome except for a little car break-in. no big. (ugh) Adding to the awesome factor was this amazing bouquet from my valentine:
He ordered it through my friend Sara, who has just started her own flower business: Showered by Flowers! Sara did my wedding flowers and she is super talented. If you're in the Seattle/Bellevue area, use her for your wedding/party/gifty flower needs!

The other awesome part of Valentine's Day this year was the valentine I received from one of my students. His mom emailed me to say that he was concerned that his valentines would be thrown away right away because they were homemade and contained no candy. Before she even emailed me he brought them to school and asked if they could be put in a special place because some of the glue/glitter was still drying. *aw!* is that not the cutest thing you ever heard? Doesn't he know that the coolest valentines ever are the handmade ones? I'm taking my box-o-kids'-cards I've saved over the years to show him that some of us truly treasure the handmade.Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

1 comment:

cabin + cub said...

gorgeous bouquet! you are one lucky gal! ;)