Sunday, January 24, 2010

new hobby

In the midst of all the busy-ness of the summer/fall, why wouldn't I start learning a new craft?

Well, I wanted to make myself a little shrug to wear with my wedding dress (I had delusional dreams of knitting similar shrugs for all my bridesmaids. That was way back in June. I realized quickly that wasn't going to happen. sorry girls).

I found this SUPER cute pattern from crocheteria on Etsy:

gaaa! I was in love! Of course, it was not to be made in lime green. Did the crochet-edging scare me? No way! I would learn to crochet, no problem.

Well, fast-forward to late September, I had yet to tackle the crocheted edging. My family started laughing at me when, on the wedding weekend agenda I wrote "finish making shrug" on the Thursday and Friday mornings of the wedding. No problem!

Time-management master (and early riser) that I am, I did indeed finish the shrug at the finish line, the morning of the day before the wedding. I'm not REALLY proud of myself, because the fancy crocheted edging turned into a simple crocheted scalloped edge. And I didn't block it. yyyyeah. Still, it turned out cute enough. . . and did I mention that the day of the wedding WAS FREEZING, so a shrug was certainly needed. cheers!

No comments: