Friday, January 22, 2010

my wedding was awesome.

I'm not one to obsess over a wedding. I pretty much wanted to get it over with as soon as possible to get on with the Wedded Bliss. :) That said, I had one SUPER AWESOME wedding! I think I get extra-double-bonus points because there are so many crafty creative and talented family members and friends that made it so. I can barely take any credit. Here's who can.

#1 Emily.
Emily made my invitations, rsvp cards, thank-you notes, address labels, etc. OMG they were so cute!

#2 Shannon (and Jeff! and mom!)
Shannon and Jeff renovated this incredibly cute trailer with the wedding in mind. oh. my. gosh. Not only was the inside totally dirty and sad, the outside needed some serious elbow grease.
Before:
After (the Shot Trailer):

Shannon also made these FUN chalkboard speech bubbles and scored a bunch of sweet vintage hats and props for a photo booth:

3. Alli
Alli was the best maid of honor in the world. We made about a million paper flowers for the table centerpieces. Alli was queen of all the odds'n'ends ... and she gives one heck of a toast!

4. Sara
Sara did my amazing flowers (dahlias! love!) as seen in the above picture, and our bouquets. I love, love, loved what she did. The charm with my dad's pic on this one was made by Shannon.

4. Jamie's Family
Jamie's family really showed their crafty sides as well! They fashioned these life-size cutouts of young Jamie and Molly for the rehearsal dinner...and they somehow made it to the reception. Don't you love my teddy bear sweatshirt? And oh! They (especially Jamie's sister Sarah and their dad) took tons of video footage and then had the loveliest video made. I wish I could show the whole thing here. Special thanks to Sarah and Shannon for the wedding vid!

I could go on and on and on because it really was the best day ever. This snapshot sums up just about everything else I can say about our party:
wigs, blow-up guitar, mustaches, tambourines, feather boas...and my super fun family!

OK, and Jamie was a pretty good part of the day too. Love you.

3 comments:

VR said...

Congratulations! And, yes, your family is fun and amazing! I am glad it was such an awesome wedding - and in less than 4 months!

T said...

Congrats Molly! It looks like it was one hell of a party - the only way weddings should be.

emily said...

I concur. Awesome-est wedding ever. But why didn't you post the picture of me on stage?