Friday, December 19, 2008

Sweet Smocky Goodness

OK, so about yesterday. We all know how much I love Amy Karol, right? I was in need of a cute present for a little girl, and "Bend the Rules Sewing" came to my rescue again. This time I tackled the "Swing Swing Smock." Love it! I used to sew little kid clothes a lot, and now I remember why: they are so tiny and adorable!
Equally exciting: I finally opened and used my bias-tape-maker. Um, hello? Why did I wait so long to learn how to do this?? (Smacks hand on forehead) Handmade bias tape is so cute, easy, and has a much better feel than the bias tape you buy at the store. Look!
Why don't you get one and try it right now?

3 comments:

Marjorie said...

That is so cute! I love your etsy shop too:) I will be shopping with you next time I need a new purse...and your lunch bags are great too!

Unknown said...

Adorable!! I just found out I have a niece (and three nephews) on the way. I'm dying to make little outfits like this. They just need to hurry up and get here! :)

I didn't realize there was such a thing as a bias tape maker. Genius!! I'm off to hunt for one now.

edward and lilly said...

So cute, I must get around to making some of these one day. I used my bias tape maker for the first time recently and couldn't believe how easy it is!