Wednesday, March 27, 2013

handsome cable sweater

I spent some very valuable nap time yesterday finishing this sweater (details about the pattern can be found here at Ravelry)!

 
  Spring is really starting to make an appearance here in Seattle, so I thought if I didn't finish it soon it wouldn't be cool enough to wear it, plus he would grow out of it too!  It's happened before; the handsome sweater vest you see Bernie wearing in the picture below is one that Henry never wore because he grew out of it before I put him in it!
 My little ragamuffin is wearing this sweater in the pic above...at least we're getting some wear out of it.  Bernie is not so sure about the two sitting next to him.

 This is what it looked like yesterday morning...that's AFTER I ripped out and redid the hour's worth of work I had done just previously because I made a mistake. Woops!

But perhaps the real inspiration to finish came from my ladies in the newly founded Victory Heights Knitting Club - a group of neighborhood gals that have been meeting to knit (and drink wine of course...).  I'm so lucky to have awesome neighbors.  This will surely help me to finish lots of projects!

No comments: