Sunday, July 22, 2012

on my bookshelf : summer 2012

The Postmistress : : Sarah Blake
This was a good one...another WWII story.  Iris is my favorite character, the postmistress, who appreciates organization and upholding the flow of the sacred postal system (almost). 

Let's Take the Long Way Home : : Gail Caldwell
Well...don't read this book unless you are ready to have a good cry.  Holy moly.  It was soooo good though, I think I finished it in two days.  The story of the friendship between two women and . . . well, the first page give it away anyway, but I'll just say it was pretty touching! Tear!

Belong to Me : : Marisa de los Santos 
I like a book that has several stories going on at one time.  Belong to Me has that goin on. Spunky Cornelia, prissy Piper, and tenacious Dev occupy these pages.  Just as good as her other book, Love Walked In--now I'll have to pick up her most recent, Falling Together.   I love finding a good author...


The Weird Sisters : : Eleanor Brown
I have to admit this book wasn't my absolute favorite, but it did hold my interest (with a new baby, I'm going to have to stick to real easy reads for awhile).  I probably picked it because of the title, since I've got some weird sisters myself.  Kidding!


The Paris Wife: : Paula McClain
I'm not finished with this one yet, but it's a page-turner.  Makes me want to read more about Ernest Hemingway, since this is a story "told" from his first wife's perspective. Also makes me want to move to Paris. In the spring. But only until September. Hmmmm.....

No comments: