Tuesday, September 14, 2010

on my bookshelf

What's been on my bookshelf lately? Lots! I was queen of the Summer Reading Club. Many are not pictured, like

#1. The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest (Stieg Larsson)
It's not often I buy a hardback book. I had to because I could not wait for the third book in this trilogy. If you have not read these books, what planet are you living on anyway?

#2. Eat, Pray, Love (Elizabeth Gilbert)
Again, if you haven't read this you might be an alien. I read it because it seems you must, but I have to say it was not my fav. There were some nuggets of wisdom inside, though.

#3. The Art of Racing in the Rain (Garth Stein)
ooooooooooomg, I loved this book. LOVED!

#4. I'd Know You Anywhere (Laura Lippman)
I listened to the audiobook (nerd alert). It was a really interesting story. Creepy. But interesting.

#5. The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society (Mary Ann Shaffer, Annie Barrows)
I loved The Art of Racing in the Rain, but I am in love with GLPPS. I'm still reading it - I don't want it to end. It makes me want a penpal. anyone?

#6. Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet (Jamie Ford)
Really sweet story. Why am I reading all these WWII books??

Books I've Not Yet Read:
-The Lady and the Unicorn (Tracy Chevalier) - Recommended by the lovely Suzanne
-Left for Dead: My Journey Home from Everest (Beck Weathers) - Recommended by K9
because I love a good stuckonamountainprobablygonnadie story.

Why don't you read these too?

No comments: