Tuesday, July 20, 2010

scrap project

With all this sewing, you won't be surprised to hear that I have a bit of a scrap problem. I won't even provide photographic evidence of the full extent of this problem...but I will tell you that attempts have been made to organize the chaos. So I've been rolling ideas around my head to address this issue.

What better way to get rid of scraps than with a patchwork quilt? I set to work cutting 5x5 squares. Did you know it takes 387 squares to make a full size quilt? sheesh!

I only wish this had made a slight dent in the scrap supply. Indeed it did not. But I am LOVING how it is turning out! The top is almost done...


another work in progress!

3 comments:

Dressler said...

can i make a patchwork quilt out of your scraps?? Pretty please?

Dressler said...

can i make a patchwork out of your scraps? pretty please??

Molly Wiecks said...

YES! Come one, come all, to use my scraps!