Thursday, July 29, 2010

i've never been paralyzed by perfection

Excellent progress made on the quilt.

Let me start by saying, however: the title of this post is NOT true.

This was my Grandma Jeanne's favorite saying. I need to say it to myself more often.

Like today, when I was sitting on the bedroom floor, my quilt spread out, thinking to myself, WHY did I think this was a good idea? Putting a quilt together is no easy task. I almost let myself get frustrated until I remembered: this is only for me - who cares if I do it the "right" way??

So I figured out A way, even though it may not be the RIGHT way, to get my three layers assembled. Once I started running it through the machine, I fell in love with it again. As in, I can't wait to curl up with you all winter long.

You will not find any perfectly straight lines or many perfectly matched patches on this piece. Yay!! Down with perfection!

No comments: