Tuesday, January 21, 2014

liam cable sweater

You may remember something almost exactly like this, from last winter?  Well here's the thing.  The weather got too warm too fast for Henry to wear it much before he outgrew it (his head outgrew the neck-hole first).  I found a similar pattern on Ravelry--the Liam Cable Sweater!  I was specifically looking for a pattern with raglan sleeves (omits the tedious task of sewing on sleeves, which I can't get to look right), knit top-down.  It was pretty easy and I loved knitting it!  My Ravelry Link here.


Notes:
1. A very effective method for getting a toddler to hold (sort of) still for a picture is the Cookie Method.  The Cookie Method isn't used very often at my house, especially considering how many cookies I make, but it's pretty magical!  Before resorting to sugar I got these shots:




2. I bought these handy-dandy foam puzzle-piece-thingys for blocking.  Easy to store and worked like a dream!  Way cheaper than your standard blocking-boards, too.  Score!




3. I swear I don't sit around and knit all day.  Really.  My only reasons for getting this much knitting done this winter is 1) football, 2) basketball and 3) less sewing.  It also helps to pick easy-ish patterns.  Hooray!

No comments: