Wednesday, January 18, 2012

blog makeover

Do you like my new banner? Oh thanks, I made it myself, with the help of 2 of my favorite (free!) online tools:

Flickr

and

Big Huge Labs


I'm sure you all know about Flickr, the online photo sharing/management site. I dump all of my photos there (OK, actually I upgraded to the pro version because you can get unlimited storage of photos and videos).

Big Huge Labs can link to Flickr to create lots of cool projects with your photos. My favorite tool is the mosaic maker. I use it all. the. time. Simply put the photos you want to appear in the mosaic in a Flickr set, select the size/type of mosaic you want (number of rows, number of photos in each row, etc.), plug in the link to your Flickr set, and SHAZAM! You have a photo mosaic that can be saved as a jpeg file on your computer. Or send it to facebook. Or email it to 50 of your best friends. You get the idea!

Here, I just made another one. I shall call it "Snopacalypse 2012" because that is the theme in the local news right now and the reason I have time to sit here and blog about it.
Happy Snow Day, Seattleites!

2 comments:

Dressler said...

Yes I love your new look. Thanks for sharing the tips!

Dressler said...

i love your new look! Thanks for sharing your tips.