Thursday, October 25, 2007

things I am obsessed with, continued

I had a little trouble with my last post. You see, when listing "Things I am Obsessed With," I could really go on forever and ever and ever....because I love a lot of things. Isn't life great? So I decided that in each post I will focus on one thing I really really love. That should last a long time. I might as well start at the top of my aforementioned list...

Topic #1:
Knitting

Knitting is the greatest. You know something is good when you'd rather do that thing than go outside on a nice day. (yikes...is this a red flag?) My sisters make fun of me a lot for my knitting obsession. I usually have a couple of projects going at a time. Like right now, I'm knitting a baby sweater, a sweater for myself, and a hat for little Lucy (one of the cutest babies of all time). The problem is that knitting takes a long time, and anothing thing I'm really into is instant gratification. Hmmm... hence the sewing.

The sweater I'm knitting is a Zephyr girls pattern...it is really cute in the picture--I can only hope it really does turn out that cute. Take a look at the professional pic!

In the genre of knitting, here are my favorites:
Debbie Bliss patterns and yarn
Louisa Hardig
Zephyr Girls
Takumi bamboo needles

I've been searching and searching for a knitting pattern for a hat with a brim*...for an adult. (That one is crocheted.) Anyone? Anyone?

*If you love this hat as much as I do, go to: pdxbeanies's etsy store to see more!

1 comment:

emily said...

ahem... lucy - one of the cutest babies of all time? even after you know I'm probably the first person who's going to read your blog?